Welcome to our blog!
January is a month of setting goals for the year. We will share home organization tips to keep you organized throughout 2021!
With a busy life, sometimes you lose track of what is actually in the pantry and how long it has been there. Expired items take up excess space and can make any area look messy and cooking a meal stressful.
How to make your pantry look organized and efficient:
- Take all the items out and clean the shelves.
- Look at expiration dates.
- Group items together.
- Think of how to improve the organizing system.
- Invest in storage containers to maximize space.
- Make items you use often visible.
- Go shelf by shelf.
Arranging items on the shelves:
- Paper towels, napkins, and other light items you use less often on the top.
- Eye level, cookbooks, condiments and spices; turntables are a perfect addition and will get you organized and help you stay organized.
- Mid lower level, use baskets or clear containers for healthy snacks (easily accessible for kids), breakfast foods and vitamins . Also, canned goods can be placed here.
- Lower level – airtight clear plastic or glass containers of various sizes for dry goods. White board labels work great and can be found at various Twin Cities retailers or online.
- Bottom level – heavy items or larger bins. Placing a stepstool in the pantry is a great idea.
If any of the items are expired, recycle or throw away. For items that haven’t expired and you won’t use or eat, donate them to a food shelf in your local area. Minnesota Food banks accept dry and canned food donations. It’s amazing how much more space you will have and with an organized pantry, you are ready to throw a dinner party!