When’s the last time you organized your makeup and cleaned your brushes? If your bathroom drawer or counter looks disorganized, messy and it’s hard to find your favorite eyeliner or lipstick, it’s time for a revamp.
Here are easy steps to organize your makeup:
- First you will need an organizer to store all your products. Depending on your space and beauty routine there are a variety of organizers in different sizes and looks to choose from.
- You can find this organizer at Sorbus acrylic modular component Nordstrom Rack. I love that they stack securely for vertical storage and you can easily see what is inside. They look gorgeous and can store other items as well.
- Take all your makeup out and place it in one big pile.
- Sort in various piles.
- Take stock of your collection. Decide which items to keep and discard old makeup you don’t wear.
- There are recycle programs available. MAC , Origins and Lush offer rewards for recycling their products. If you want to make sure your old cosmetics won’t create waste, look to Terra Cycle
- Clean your brushes and makeup.
- Makeup does have an expiration date. The exact time it takes for makeup to expire depends on the specific cosmetic, how it’s stored and whether or not it’s sealed or open. Look on the bottom or side of your package and often you’ll see a little symbol that looks like an opened pot. Inside this symbol will be a number and a letter. M stands for months and Y stands for years.
- Place items by category in the organizer.
- I put my brushes in a separate glass container and display them.
- If you have two of one item, start a drawer for back stock. Once you have a system in place it will be much easier to keep it that way.
Relax, light a candle (one of our favorites) and enjoy getting ready for a night out or a night in.